Dr. Kearney Middle School
December 12, 2022
- Monday, December 12 – Candy Cane Grams available for sale for Red and Green houses during TAG. Trackers Game Reversal Permission slips due for students not attending the game.
- Tuesday, December 13 – Red and Green Day. Candy Grams available for sale for Blue and Gold Houses. Final donations for food drive due.
- Wednesday, December 14 – Santa’s workshop day – wear either a santa hat, elf hat, or antlers. Door decorating contest to be judged.
- Thursday, December 15 – Movie reward for Red House. Ugly Christmas Sweater Day. Candy Cane Gram Distribution.
- Friday, December 16 – Tracker’s hockey game or alternate fun activities at school. Wear DK clothing or school colours day.
- Tuesday, January 3 – First day back to school.
- Grade 7s FSAs have been completed and scored. Teachers will be handing them back to students to take home this week.
- Math Essentials enrichment class – We are beginning a math class during the enrichment blocks to help with essentials for students who are really struggling and have not demonstrated a solid understanding for the fundamentals of math needed for success in middle school math. We will be contacting parents of students we think would benefit from this option. If your child is not passing math and you would like them considered for this group, please let us know.
- Report It – https://erasereportit.gov.bc.ca/ Please walk students through this way to report concerns. There are QR codes placed around the school to make accessing the site easy.
- Absences – To verify a child’s absence, please call Barb Chaput at 250 785 8378 or email her at email@example.com
- Indigenous Program – Indigenous Support Teacher Mr. Lovell is available on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the CRC room for academic support. Tuesday and Thursday for in classroom support. Sylvia (Indigenous Support Worker) is available for in-class and in-office support Monday to Friday.
- Holiday Food Drive – The final collection of donations will take place during TAG on December 13. This year’s donations will go to the Women’s Resource Centre.
- Red House Trip – Students in Red House (Burridge, Cimini, Glenn, Fleming, Barranti, and Martin’s TAGs) will be going to Landmark Cinema for a viewing of Elf on December 15. Admission and transportation will be covered; however, if students are wanting to buy snacks at the concessions that will need to be paid for by them at the theatre. Permission slips went out on Thursday, December 1.
- Trackers Game – On December 16 (last day of school before the break) we will be going to watch the Trackers Game. A donation of a non-perishable food item is required in order to attend.
Are you following us on social media?
Facebook: Dr. Kearney Middle School