Dr. Kearney Middle School
Nov 7, 2022
Nov 8 – Last day of this enrichment
Nov 8 – 6:30 pm PAC meeting
Nov 10 – Remembrance Day Assembly (adjusted schedule)
November 10 – last day of first quarter
November 11 – Remembrance Day
November 14 – new electives start for grade 7
November 15 – sign up for new enrichments
November 14, 15 – NPSS Visits to grade 9 TAG
- Social Media App – Be Real (a similar version is coming out through tik tok). More information in admin section. Please caution students that they should not be posting pictures of other students without their permission. This app requires uses to video 2 minutes – front and back cameras – whenever a notification goes out.
- Report It – https://erasereportit.gov.bc.ca/ Please walk students through this way to report concerns. There are QR codes placed around the school to make accessing the site easy.
- As it gets colder outside, please remind students of proper hallway behaviour.
- No running or horseplay in hallways
- Walk on the right side
- Do not congregate in hallways
- Realize that your will get bumped in the hallways because of how crowded it is, please be courteous and extend grace – most of the time it is unintentional.
- Purdys Fundraiser – We are into our final full week of Purdys with the fundraiser ending on November 15th. If you are interested in supporting DKMS through our Purdys Fundraiser please visit: https://fundraising.purdys.com/773778-96083. We have weekly prizes for the students / classes that sell. If you have any questions, please contact Barb at the office.
- Absences – to verify a child’s absence, please call Barb Chaput at 250 785 8378 or email her at email@example.com
- Breakfast Program – The breakfast program is up and running! It is served in the Yak Shack daily at 8:15-8:45 am and there are grab and go options for students that show up later.
- Holiday PJ Drive – Our annual holiday PJ drive will begin on November 16 and run through to December 9. House points will be awarded for donations. This year all donations will go to Community Bridge.
- Decades Day – November 18, 2022. Dress like you’re from another decade for house points!
- Indigenous Support Teacher Mr. Lovell on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday in the CRC room for academic support. Tuesday and Thursday for in classroom support.
- Haley and Sylvia Indigenous Support Workers available for in class and in office support Monday to Friday
Are you following us on social media?
facebook: Dr. Kearney Middle School
instagram: sd60 dkms