Dr. Kearney Middle School
March 6-10, 2023
March 10 – Blue House Reward, trip to Landmark Cinema to watch Shrek.
March 14 – Report Card Issued
March 14 7 pm at Dr. Kearney – library – myED parent portal session
March 15,16 – Early Dismissal/ Parent-Teacher Interviews (please call the school or email your teacher to book. We highly encourage parents to take advantage of this opportunity.
March 17 – St. Patrick’s Day (wear green for points!)
Grade 9 Transition Dates:
March 6 – Campus Preference Forms due
March 17 – Campus Assignment Letters given out
- -Report cards will be coming out on March 14 electronically through myED.
- There will be a “how to use the parent portal” session for parents on March 14. Utilizing the parent portal allows you to see how your child is doing currently in most subjects as well as how their attendance is. If students miss a class, the portal allows parents to see which class was missed. If you cannot access myED due to password issues, please send an email to Lora at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 250 785 8378 to have your password reset. It would be useful to have this done before the session so that help with logging in can be offered at the session.
- If you would like to have a printed report card, please let the office know.
- If your family is currently struggling financially, the school may be able to help support you in some ways. We now have a pantry where students and parents can help themselves to various grocery items. This is something we can only offer this year due to some funding the government has given out. Our YCW, Beth Dick, is in charge of this. Please reach out to us if you want more information on what we can offer and ask for Beth or for one of the administrators.
- Bathroom stalls. We do have a policy that if more than one student is in a bathroom stall, we will send them home. We find that usually, when more than one student is involved, it often also involves skipping class, vaping, vandalism, etc
- Report It – https://erasereportit.gov.bc.ca/ Please walk students through this way to report concerns. There are QR codes placed around the school to make accessing the site easy.
- Absences – To verify a child’s absence, please call Barb Chaput at 250 785 8378 or email her at email@example.com
- Indigenous Program – Indigenous Support Teacher Mr. Lovell is available on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the CRC room for academic support. Tuesday and Thursday for in classroom support. Sylvia (Indigenous Support Worker) is available for in-class and in-office support Monday to Friday.
Are you following us on social media?
Facebook: Dr. Kearney Middle School