Dr. Kearney Middle School
Feb 27- March 3, 2023
Feb 27 – NID Day
March 3 – Tacky Tourist Day
March 14 – Report Card Issued
TBA (an evening between March 13-March 16) – myED tutorial for parents to help access report
card and attendance records
March 15,16 – Early Dismiisal/ Parent-Teacher Interviews
Grade 9 Transition Dates:
March 1 – Parent Night – NPSS (please contact the high school at 250 785 4429 for more info)
March 2 – Parent Night – ELC (please contact the high school at 250 785 4429 for more info)
March 6 – Campus Preference Forms due
March 17 – Campus Assignment Letters given out
- A new enrichment is being offered: history of video games: Join Mr. Kaye and learn about the history of video games from past to present. We will look at where we’ve started and where we’ve ended up, look at some of the most iconic (and school appropriate) video games of all time, and maybe even play some. Towards the end, we will do video game recommendation presentations for our classmates.
Note: This will not be playing video games everyday.
- To switch to this enrichment, please let your TAG teacher know. (TAG teachers, please send list to Tanya – if enough names are in, the enrichment will start Tuesday. An email will be sent out before lunch announcing whether this enrichment is a go or not)
- If your family is currently struggling financially, the school may be able to help support you in some ways. We now have a pantry where students and parents can help themselves to various grocery items. This is something we can only offer this year due to some funding the government has given out. Our YCW, Beth Dick, is in charge of this. Please reach out to us if you want more information on what we can offer and ask for Beth or for one of the administrators.
- Bathroom stalls. We do have a policy that if more than one student is in a bathroom stall, we will send them home. We find that usually, when more than one student is involved, it often also involves skipping class, vaping, vandalism, etc
- Report It – https://erasereportit.gov.bc.ca/ Please walk students through this way to report concerns. There are QR codes placed around the school to make accessing the site easy.
- Absences – To verify a child’s absence, please call Barb Chaput at 250 785 8378 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indigenous Program – Indigenous Support Teacher Mr. Lovell is available on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the CRC room for academic support. Tuesday and Thursday for in classroom support. Sylvia (Indigenous Support Worker) is available for in-class and in-office support Monday to Friday.
Are you following us on social media?
Facebook: Dr. Kearney Middle School