Dr. Kearney Middle School
January 23-27, 2023
Jan 27 – NID
Feb 7 – PAC meeting
Feb 16 – Campus Tours
Grade 9 Transition Dates:
Feb 7 – NPSS Virtual Visit regarding completing campus choice requests
Feb 16 – Campus Tours for Grade 9
March 1 – Parent Night – NPSS
March 2 – Parent Night – ELC
March 6 – Campus Preference Forms due
March 17 – Campus Assignment Letters given out
- Northern Health has given us a letter to send home which we will do early next week. We are only distributing the letter but have nothing to do with the process beyond that. If you have any questions, please call Northern Health. There will be contact information in the letter.
- Report It – https://erasereportit.gov.bc.ca/ Please walk students through this way to report concerns. There are QR codes placed around the school to make accessing the site easy.
- Absences – To verify a child’s absence, please call Barb Chaput at 250 785 8378 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Indigenous Program – Indigenous Support Teacher Mr. Lovell is available on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the CRC room for academic support. Tuesday and Thursday for in classroom support. Sylvia (Indigenous Support Worker) is available for in-class and in-office support Monday to Friday.
- Basketball Tournament Results – A basketball tournament for our 8/9 boys and girls teams was held over the weekend at NPSS. Our 8/9 girls finished 3rd and our 8/9 boys finished 4th. An excellent effort was displayed by all!
- 50 Years of DKMS – On January 23, 2023, we will be celebrating DKMS’s 50th anniversary. There will be cake for students, prizes, and a TAG challenge!
- If your family is currently struggling financially, the school may be able to help support you in some ways. Please reach out to us if you want more information on what we can offer.
Are you following us on social media?
Facebook: Dr. Kearney Middle School