Dr. Kearney Middle School
January 23-27, 2023
Jan 30-31 – changes to electives (if students want to request changes, a form has been sent to their email)
Jan 31 – sign up for third quarter electives
Jan 30 – semester 2 and quarter 3 electives start
Feb 3 – Northern Health Presentations in Grade 9 classe
Feb 7 – PAC meeting
Feb 16 – Campus Tours
Grade 9 Transition Dates:
Feb 7 – NPSS Virtual Visit regarding completing campus choice requests
Feb 16 – Campus Tours for Grade 9
March 1 – Parent Night – NPSS
March 2 – Parent Night – ELC
March 6 – Campus Preference Forms due
March 17 – Campus Assignment Letters given out
- Tutorials: If you feel your child needs some extra academic support – here are a few options
- Wednesdays from 2-3 we offer a drop in tutorial with teachers and EAs
- Enrichment tutorial Tuesdays and Thursdays. Students can sign up for this on Tuesday.
- For students who are currently not passing math, there is a math enrichment that strengthens basic math skills through various games. Students are assigned to this through recommendation by their math teacher. Please contact their math teacher or Ms. Braun if you would like to have your child considered for this.
- Lunchtime hallway behaviour: Some expectations:
- no hands on behaviour (even friendly gestures are problematic),
- if you don’t know a person well, do not to tease them or steal things from them as a joke,
- it is not okay to go around asking multiple people for money,
- please clean up after yourself: if you spill, there is a mop and paper towel available near the canteen
- do not hang out around the North entrances or block the North end doors,
- no running or playing tag in the hallways.
Remind students that if there are repeated issues, there will be lunchtime detentions or reflection room assigned.
- Report It – https://erasereportit.gov.bc.ca/ Please walk students through this way to report concerns. There are QR codes placed around the school to make accessing the site easy.
- Absences – To verify a child’s absence, please call Barb Chaput at 250 785 8378 or email her at email@example.com
- Indigenous Program – Indigenous Support Teacher Mr. Lovell is available on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the CRC room for academic support. Tuesday and Thursday for in classroom support. Sylvia (Indigenous Support Worker) is available for in-class and in-office support Monday to Friday.
- Basketball Tournament Results – A basketball tournament for our 8/9 boys and girls teams was held over the weekend at NPSS. Our 8/9 girls finished 3rd and our 8/9 boys finished 4th. An excellent effort was displayed by all!
- If your family is currently struggling financially, the school may be able to help support you in some ways. Please reach out to us if you want more information on what we can offer.
Are you following us on social media?
Facebook: Dr. Kearney Middle School