Dr. Kearney Middle School
May 8 -12, 2022
May 8 to 12 – Rik Leaf workshops for Grade 7s
May 22 – Victoria Day – no school
May 31 – 9:00 a.m. Andy the Scientist Presentation
June 1, 2 and 3 7 p.m- Honk evening performances
Tickets are on sale at North Peace Cultural Centre
We are a closed campus. Students are not allowed to leave at lunch unless they have a permission form signed by their parents (please ensure the students’ have a copy of it on their phone) or the parents have signed them out. Students caught leaving campus wil receive a consequence (detentions, sent home, reflection room – depending on the student)
- Help needed with the musical
- May 28 is move in day. June 3 after the performance is move out. If you have a truck and/or trailer and could help us out, please contact Jason or Tanya at the school
- Absences – To verify a child’s absence, please call Barb Chaput at 250 785 8378 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you get an email about an absence that you think is a mistake, please ca
- If your family is currently struggling financially, the school may be able to help support you in some ways. We now have a pantry where students and parents can help themselves to various grocery items. This is something we can only offer this year due to some funding the government has given out. Our YCW, Beth Dick, is in charge of this. Please reach out to us if you want more information on what we can offer and ask for Beth or for one of the administrators.
- Bathroom stalls. We do have a policy that if more than one student is in a bathroom stall, we will send them home. We find that usually, when more than one student is involved, it often also involves skipping class, vaping, vandalism, etc
- Report It – https://erasereportit.gov.bc.ca/ Please walk students through this way to report concerns. There are QR codes placed around the school to make accessing the site easy.
- Indigenous Program – Indigenous Support Teacher Mr. Lovell is available on Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday in the CRC room for academic support. Tuesday and Thursday for in classroom support. Sylvia (Indigenous Support Worker) is available for in-class and in-office support Monday to Friday.
Are you following us on social media?
Facebook: Dr. Kearney Middle School